UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. – Penn State Athletics advises fans to review the University’s updated clear bag policy for attending athletics venues during the 2022-23 season. The University’s policy has undergone several revisions.
In an effort to make the clear bag policy more fan friendly, and to align with policies in place for large events around the country, the size of allowed bags has increased. Clear tote bags, which can be sized 12′” x 6″ x 12″ or smaller, will be permitted beginning this fall. In addition, a 4″ x 6″ x 1″ small clutch or wristlet will continue to be permissible.
Beaver Stadium, Bryce Jordan Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Medlar Field at Lubrano Park and Recreation Hall
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and are 12″ x 6″ x 12″ or smaller are permitted.
- Attendees are permitted to bring loose items, including:
- Wristlet with or without a strap (no larger than 4″ x 6″ x 1″)
- Seat cushion that can be rolled and does not have pockets
- iPad or other mobile devices
- Camera (no camera bag) unless prohibited by the venue
- Binoculars (no case or bag)
- All clear bags and patrons are subject to metal detection and/or bag inspection upon entering the venue.
- Those patrons without bags will be able to bypass the bag and article check stations at most gates.
- Prohibited bags include:
- Fanny packs
- String bags
- Diaper bags
- Messenger bags
- Camera bags
- Brief cases
- Roll bags
- Binocular cases
- Duffle bags
- Any other bags
- Babies may be brought into athletic venues in a soft baby carrier or a sling. Rigid frame baby and toddler carriers are not permitted. Please note, a ticket is required for a baby at all athletics events.
- Strollers are permitted in all athletic venues, except for Beaver Stadium.
There will be no restrictions on bags at the following facilities, however, bags may be subject to search upon entry to the facility: Penn State Field Hockey Complex, Indoor Tennis Center, Jeffrey Field, Panzer Stadium, Nittany Lion Softball Park, Holuba Hall, Multi-Sport Facility/Horace Ashenfelter III Indoor Track, Nittany Lion Outdoor Track, White Building, Sarni Tennis Center, McCoy Natatorium and Blue and White Golf Courses.
For questions or additional details, please contact the Office of the Associate Vice President, Police & Public Safety.